- If there is a fence, evaluate if the gate latch is in operating condition.
- Diving boards and slides should be securely anchored.
- Check the condition of pumps and piping.
- Check for rust, noise and leaks.
- Check functioning of pressure gauge. It may fluctuate (flutter) during operation. Filter needs to be cleaned when pressure reading has risen 8-10 psi above clean condition.
- Check for electrical grounding system and ground fault interrupters.
- Leaks in hot tubs: underneath, near inlet and outlet connections.
- In most jurisdictions, pool should not be directly accessible from the house.
A professional home inspection helps you learn about the home you're buying, gives you confidence to address potential concerns, and delivers peace of mind about your new investment.
Schedule your inspection online.