- Seal any leaks with insulation, caulking, weather stripping, and door snakes.
- If your attic isn't insulated, be sure to insulate the entrance so the cold doesn't seep into your house from above.
- Consider investing in a programmable thermostat that fulfills heating needs around your schedule. You set it so the heat kicks on for a specified amount of time before you arrive home or before you get up in the mornings.
- Install ceiling fans and set them clockwise in winter, to help push warmer air down where you can enjoy it. (Counter-clock wise in Summer).
- Set your thermostat to 65F or lower, and wear layers of warm cotton clothing in dark colors that absorb light and heat.
- Better yet, invite all of your friends over and have a St. Patty's Day party. Rumor has it that each guest is the equivalent of a 175-watt heater. So the more the merrier and—toastier!
A professional home inspection helps you learn about the home you're buying, gives you confidence to address potential concerns, and delivers peace of mind about your new investment.
Schedule your inspection online.