Our Radon Water Test determines if your water’s radon levels exceed safe levels established by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Radon is Invisible
You and your family can’t taste radon in water. Radon comes from radioactive elements (uranium and radium) present in soil and water tables.
Radon is Dangerous
- Radon is a cancer-causing radioactive gas present in every home
- 1 in 3 homes had test levels that exceeded the EPA’s recommended action level for radon exposure
- A family whose home has high levels is exposed to 35x more radiation as the NRC would allow if that family were standing next to a radioactive waste site
- Radon is the #1 cause of lung cancer among non-smokers, according to the EPA
- We remove the aerator from a cold water faucet and run the water for five minutes
- We collect samples from the cold water faucet
- We package and ship the samples overnight to a water testing lab.
If radon in your water exceeds EPA minimum radon levels, we provide you with specific recommendations and next steps.